19 Comments

1. Emely @theblushfig.com
    December 19, 2017 @ 06:28

This looks so good, I love trying new things. Working on meal planning so this is getting repinned for sure!

2. Gloria @ Homemade & Yummy
    December 19, 2017 @ 15:34

Love the sound of this delicious casserole. What a great way to enjoy sauerkraut. This would feed a crowd after a day of skiing this winter.

3. Jere Cassidy
    December 19, 2017 @ 17:03

My hubby would love this, nice and hearty and perfect comfort food.

4. Catherine Brown
    December 20, 2017 @ 15:44

This looks delicious! I’ll have to try it without the meat. I do love sauerkraut!

5. Karyl | Karyl's Kulinary Krusade
    December 20, 2017 @ 16:40

This definitely looks like a warm, comforting meal. Perfect for these cold winter days

6. Jen
    December 20, 2017 @ 19:10

Looks super tasty! I love the idea of sauerkraut mash!

7. Elizabeth | The Recipe Revival
    December 21, 2017 @ 02:16

This would be perfect for the hubby! It looks amazing and filling.

8. Julie
    December 21, 2017 @ 10:04

I’m a huge fan of Sauerkraut (must be my Alsatian heritage) and it’s not an ingredient you see very often (even though it’s super healthy and good for you). Thank you for sharing this recipe.

9. Cynthia
    December 21, 2017 @ 17:14

My husband loves sauerkraut with his eisbein, I’m sure this dish would become one of his favorites for sure! Reading this recipe I realised it actually has everything he likes, including potatoes and sausages!

10. Samantha H.
    December 21, 2017 @ 17:58

My super German (aka Sauerkraut and sausage-loving) husband would love this! I’ll have to give it a go!

11. April
    December 21, 2017 @ 21:57

Wow this sounds interesting . I never thought to add sauerkraut to a casserole. I need to try it.

12. Stephanie
    December 22, 2017 @ 02:39

I’ve never heard of a sauerkraut casserole before – my husband would love this!

13. Carrie Forrest
    December 22, 2017 @ 04:38

I love casseroles. They are so easy and versatile. Thanks for sharing with us!

14. Rezel Kealoha
    December 22, 2017 @ 04:46

You had me at sauerkraut. I eat it everyday for breakfast on my egg sandwich. Now I have another way to eat it!

15. swathi
    December 22, 2017 @ 05:01

I heard that sauerkraut makes everything great. Love this casserole as it has everything for a great breakfast.

16. Allison hanson
    December 22, 2017 @ 14:28

I love saurkraut and my husband has finally come around to loving it. We always have mashed potatoes on the side, I never thought of topping the casserole with it!!

17. Helene
    December 22, 2017 @ 16:29

Oh my God you added juniper seeds, bayleaf and nutmeg!!! 😀
    You have no idea how much I am craving your sauerkraut casserole right now. This is true torture. Just imagine with a Knacker or Frankfurter sausage. YUM!

18. Charlene
    December 22, 2017 @ 17:09

Love the flavours in this casserole!

19. Helene
    December 23, 2017 @ 14:04

I got so excited when i read sauerkraut casserole! I am heavily addicted to Sauerkraut and besides your seasoning is as it should be with juniper seeds, bay-leaf and nutmeg. That makes the whole difference and with the meat included all the better. I like my casserole with Knacker sausages too but it’s almost impossible to find these sausages abroad.